Food Server Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Food Server Interview Questions in United States

"Restaurants count on servers to provide excellent customer service regardless of the situation. Interviewers will be looking for candidates who are skilled in communicating, multitasking, and maintaining a friendly attitude under pressure. Make sure to be familiar with the restaurant's menu items, understand standard restaurant operations, and know how to respond to an unsatisfied customer."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

She flipped through my resume, and sneered at my most recent job, at a wilderness camp, saying it wasn't much of a job at all. You know how jobs are - the title doesn't give the story. This was a job with enormous responsibility - for giving people a good time, for keeping the area maintained, for performing a nightly monologue, and for literally keeping the guests alive. One of my duties was manning a first aid station that frequently handles life threatening emergencies. And she called it a fluff job. What do you say after that? She said they'd be in touch within 2 days I phoned on the third and was told, very abruptly that I didn't get the job. My mom has owned a business and said the comments and questions were unprofesiional and hostile. And she said that the correct thing to do when you tell someone you aren't hiring them, is to give them some constructive reason - something they can work on improving ( for example, get some wine experience and try again in a year) rather than speak to them as if they were garbage. She always tried to think of other places that might be a better fit, too. I think Olive Garden would be a good fit for me, but I'm very glad not to be working under such an unhappy, insecure woman.

1 Answer

What I would do in the event of an aggressive customer.

1 Answer

Tell me about your previous experience in food services?

1 Answer

You are required to take a long multiple choice test to assess your personality. You basically only pass if you answer it how they want it to be answered.

1 Answer

If you made a mistake that went unnoticed, what would you do? It was a vague question, which I needed clarification on.

1 Answer

Are you goal oriented, what goal have you set for yourself

1 Answer

Do you have any restaurant experience?

1 Answer

What’s your favorite kind of food?

1 Answer

What would make you a good match here?

2130 of 678 Interview Questions