General manager Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

General manager Interview Questions in United States

"Employers hiring general managers are looking for decisive leaders with previous management experience to oversee a department or division in the company. In an interview, be ready to discuss your ability to lead lower-level managers and implement improvements within the business. General managers may join the company directly through management, so interviewers will want candidates who are capable of forming strong relationships with established employees."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are your plans to turn around the sales in this location?

1 Answer

The methods used in the industry are tried and true, I am not trying to re-invent the wheel. The secret is the execution of these proven projects. Making a goal is no good unless you follow through with all of the steps needed to achieve it, and I have had experience doing this. I then presented my 30/60/90 day plan for the store in question.

"What would you do if you had a poor performer associate that did not meet his/her sales goals? What would you do if they continued?"

1 Answer

How do you feel about manageing a team of experienced jewelry sales people with more years of experience in the business?

1 Answer

are you a key team player

5 Answers

If an employee made an honest mistake and your largest customer wanted him fired, would you?

3 Answers

Why do you want to work for this company?

3 Answers

They asked the normal, previous experience, details of the job, if you have experience laying people off, etc.

3 Answers

Listen to David talk the company up.

3 Answers

Did you ever break a law or rule. If yes, what was it and why did you break it?

2 Answers