Interior designer Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Interior designer Interview Questions in United States

"When applying to be an interior designer at a design firm, you may be interviewed on your personal design tastes, people skills, knowledge of safety codes and regulations, and design experience. The interviewer will want to evaluate your ability to work with clients with diverse tastes to create functional, beautiful, safe living spaces that are as unique as their clients. Bring a portfolio with examples of your work to show the interviewer. Interior designers are expected to have a bachelor's degree with a focus on interior design."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you get inspiration

2 Answers

The first thing to connect with the client is to listen! Every client is different. I have to approach each one differently. There is no simple answer to your question. For many years I was one of the blessed people because I got up every day and loved what I did for a living! I was with a company for 21 years until they went out of business. I have had some personal losses over the last few years. My mother and daughter both passed away. I needed time to grieve. I have had a home based business for 2 years, which helped with the grieving process. I had become very solitary and realized that I missed the creative process of interactive process working with clients and realizing their dreams.

I think we would be a match! I live nearby, and love your product..

Why did you leave your last firm?

2 Answers

Why did I apply for the interior design co-worker position?

2 Answers

What part of the design process I like.

1 Answer

They asked if I had experience with bathrooms and if I would be comfortable working with modern industrial esthetics as majority of my complete projects were rather classic elegant.

1 Answer

Would you be able to take on a project tomorrow?

1 Answer

describe your role in this (selected a photo on my portfolio sampler) project.

1 Answer

What is your favorite part of the design process?

How soon can I start

1 Answer

How would you benefit our company ?

110 of 364 Interview Questions