Marketing director Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Marketing director Interview Questions in United States

"In the marketing team, a marketing director is depended on to interpret market data while developing and guiding the marketing staff. Employers are looking for candidates who can create effective marketing strategies, motivate their team to success, and spot areas for improvement. During your interview, expect to be asked as to role play a situation where you must sell your interviewer one of the company's products. Be sure to come with a real passion for taking on challenges and making an impact on the company through your contributions."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you convince a CIO of a utility to care about energy efficiency?

5 Answers

This is a bit of a trick question. CIO really does NOT care about efficiency because it means less revenue. However, some states are mandating efficiency programs and so the CIO wants to do this as cost effectively as possible. Some utilities in some states also face competition for energy consumption, so a customer engagement program that makes consumers feel good about their utility will help with rate approvals and satisfaction ratings, which will boost the bottom line overall.

He cares because if he can lower the system peak number, he can lesson the amount of spinning reserves he must have in place, whixh in effect is stranded capital.

CIO cares since as a company executive he needs to work with his customers (operating unit executives) to cut costs and increase revenues. By providing a solution that mines data to assist customer to save energry usage - the CIO is prioviding a solution for the utility to flatten its energy demand curve.

How are you going to make this Company better and more profitable.

2 Answers

How do you motivate people?

1 Answer

What do you see the organization doing to raise it in prominence?

1 Answer

What is your current employer doing better than we are? I work in marketing so I had to answer based on my research done prior to interview. I was so happy I did a ton of research/comparison before going in.

1 Answer

What was the most comprehensive marketing strategy you defined and executed?

1 Answer

The most important thing to the HR group is whether or not you plan to make this company a place where you can retire from.

7 Answers

How do you sell?

4 Answers

How do you do this, how do you do that, how, how and how, and never a why question.

3 Answers

This wasn't a hard question- it was just odd. If I was in a 36 story building with 3 elevators, where should the elevators be placed when they are not in use.

3 Answers