Medical assistant Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Medical assistant Interview Questions in United States

Employers hiring medical assistants are looking for candidates with a mastery of both clerical and interpersonal skills. Expect to be quizzed on health care procedures as well as experience tending to patient needs. You may be asked to answer role-play question that will test your ability to handle difficult patients in a sympathetic and professional way. Be aware that many employers will expect candidates to be certified by the American Association of Medical Assistants.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you handle stress and pressure of a fast paced environment?

3 Answers

If I feel that I have been asked to do too much, I will speak up and ask for something to be delegated to another co worker.

I tackle each task one at a time. I make sure that I am being efficient. If I feel overwhelmed or feel that I am unable to complete a task I would ask for assistance.

I am able to multi task and I am very good at time management. I love working in a fast paced environment and it’s just a given that stress and pressure comes along with that environment. I perform my best in this type of environment.

How would you handle an upset patient coming up to the front desk and complaining?

34 Answers

How would you treat a patient that suddenly fell unconscious?

1 Answer

Give me an example of an unhappy patient and how you made them happy before they left the office.

1 Answer

do you have children?

5 Answers

Experience with patients and customer service skills

5 Answers

Can you draw blood and give shots?

5 Answers

If your manager is not present, what decision would you be comfortable making?

6 Answers

Do you have children

4 Answers

Why are you leaving your current job.

4 Answers