Research assistant Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Find jobs for research assistant

Research assistant Interview Questions in United States

"When looking for a research assistant position, you can expect to be interviewed about your education in the field of research you are applying to, your clerical skills, and your ability to work independently under tight time constraints. The interview and job expectations as a research assistant will depend largely on the scientific field you intend to research, so be sure to look into the expectations of the professors or other senior level researchers you may end up working under. Most research assistant positions will require you to have at least a bachelor's degree in their respective fields."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Some of the tasks you'll be required to perform are routine and monotonous. How will you deal with such routine tasks?

2 Answers

Mastering routine work allows me to complete tasks effectively in a high throughput manner. Hopefully, this will afford me with free time to learn and master more challenging techniques and better assist the team.

Good answer!

The professor quizzed me on several technical aspects of a journal paper I was a co-author of. Most of them were manageable. He asked me what exactly my contribution was in that paper and why I was not first author on it.

1 Answer

What type of software do you know how to use?

1 Answer

What experience have you had with Microsoft Office?

1 Answer

What research area are you interested in?

1 Answer

Are there any areas listed in the job description that you are less skilled at or inexperienced in?

6 Answers

What projects would you be interested in working on?

3 Answers

Do you know where you want to be in 5-10 years?

3 Answers

Why do you want to join?

2 Answers

How do you think psychology research will help you in a medical research lab?

110 of 3,905 Interview Questions