Research associate Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Research associate Interview Questions in United States

9,361

research associate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The professor quizzed me on several technical aspects of a journal paper I was a co-author of. Most of them were manageable. He asked me what exactly my contribution was in that paper and why I was not first author on it.

1 Answer

I replied that the project was industry-funded and because I was a student at the time the industry I was working for did not share enough proprietary details with me like they did with my advisor who was the first author on the paper. As a result it was easier and much faster for my advisor to write the paper up and add me on as a second author despite the fact that I did all the experimental work that was featured in it. The rest of the interview was excellent and the Professor collected my references and then e-mailed them separately for recommendations. In ~4 weeks time I was hired.

How do you manage your time effectively?

1 Answer

How would you go about doing research on a potential customer?

1 Answer

What experience have you had with Microsoft Office?

1 Answer

Suppose you have two covariance matrices A and B. Is AB also a covariance matrix? Suppose that, by plain dumb luck, we also have that AB=BA. Is AB a covariance matrix under this additional condition?

12 Answers

You have two decks of cards: a 52 card deck (26 black, 26 red) and a 26 card deck (13 black, 13 red). You randomly draw two cards and win if both are the same color. Which deck would you prefer? What if the 26 card deck was randomly drawn from the 52 card deck? Which deck would you prefer then?

11 Answers

Suppose you have 100 GB of data that you want to sort, but you only have 1 GB of memory. How would you sort this data?

8 Answers

A tosses n+1 coins. B tosses n coins. B wins if he has at least as many heads as A. What is the probability that B wins?

7 Answers

Do you prefer to work alone or in a team?

6 Answers

What's your strengths for this position

5 Answers