Find jobs for security officer

Security officer Interview Questions in United States

"Employers are looking for security officers who are dedicated to protecting people through their attentiveness to detail and ability to detect danger. Expect interviewers to inquire about your physical fitness and ability to handle a tense or potentially harmful situation. Security officers may work closely with customers, so be sure to emphasize that you possess great interpersonal skills."

3,520 Security Officer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Security Officer Interview Questions & How to Answer

Here are three top security officer interview questions and how to answer them:

Question #1: Can you tell me about a time when you dealt with an assault?

How to answer: When asked this question, interviewers want to make sure you have the mental and physical strength to deal with a dangerous patron. Use this opportunity to explain your experience in the field.

Question #2: How do you detect danger?

How to answer: A guest that is posing a threat to others isn't always obvious, so interviewers want to know how you identify these guests before a situation gets serious. Sometimes these situations involve multiple members of security staff working together to prevent a potentially dangerous altercation. Consider talking about a time where you were a team player on the job.

Question #3: Are you familiar with security technology?

How to answer: While a security officer position is a physical job, some technology may be involved. If you're applying for a position that requires you to work with security cameras and software, you can either explain your experience with these technologies or you can express your ability to become more computer literate if hired for the position.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Snoqualmie Casino
Security Officer was asked...July 4, 2013

What would you do if you see two guests fighting on the floor.

2 Answers

Ask them to leave the premises if not then either call the law enforcement actions or escort them out of property with a backup. Less

Call for backup/police. Break up the fight and deescalate the situation using effective communication skills. Less

Allied Universal

Why do you want to work here

9 Answers

I answered that I want everyone to feel safe and at ease while in public places etc. Less

I love to protect people and have them feel safe

I want to work Armed security

Transguard Group

what is your profession?

10 Answers

I am a security guard in UAE

Security guard

I am a teacher.

Securitas

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

6 Answers

Did you go for orientation yet?

Orientation takes about 4 hours. You are fingerprinted and briefed on company policies, sexual harassment, how you will get payed, signing in, writing reports, ect . Less

That's not bad, do you get drug tested again?

U.S. Security Associates

why do you want to work here

5 Answers

how open is your schedule

Have worked with Mr.Lipman of Guardsmark Personally, willing to work hard.

Ready to at anytime soon.

Universal Orlando Resort

What made you choose Universal as a potential employer?

It's a good company

Good company to work for

Like to be part of this environment

IHG Hotels and Resorts

How many years do you have an experiences in security field ??

7 years

i worked US Consulate Karachi Pakistan 5years now i am working in dubai from more the 2 yeras till to date Less

7 years

Can you work OT?

what does OT stand for?

Overtime

do you have a car

Heathrow Airport

Why you want to work as a security officer at Heathrow?

4 Answers

Omg im really sorry, i just wanted to open your comment to read not give a wrong rate. Less

Hi if you could tell what kind of topics given for group discussion and role play Less

Hi congratulations I’ve had my telephone interview today and was told I’d be contacted within 14 days of the outcome. Did they tell you the same thing? Less

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,520 interview questions