User Experience Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

User Experience Design Interview Questions

User experience design interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Describe what is your favorite object, explain why, and it cannot be an Apple product.

1 Answer

My favorite object would have to be my Civic. The interior design feels very well-thought out and almost everything seems to be in the most optimal place in terms of usability. It's also very durable. After being hit by other vehicles a couple times on the road, it still holds up very well. This makes me feel safe whenever I'm driving it and safety is crucial when it comes to being on the road. Being in my car is also the only place where I can have a peace of mind and have time to myself.

How do you decide which features to drive UX design for a specific release?

1 Answer

How would you handle the hypothetical situation where one or more designers try to dominate the conversation and do not seem to be listening to other members of the team?

1 Answer

Who determines user standards, you, the company, someone else?

1 Answer

How do you deal with a group of twelve or more people who all have a different opinion about what looks good and what doesn't

1 Answer

How do you form positive relationships with developers and/or stakeholders?

1 Answer

Can you describe what your design process is?

2 Answers

My exercise was to redesign the Netflix homepage for desktop. The Global VP of Design at Spotify happens to be Rochelle King, formerly of Netflix. I thought that was clever.

1 Answer

Question from director: "... four people need to cross a bridge at night, there is only one flash light and only one person can walk on the bridge at a time. How do would you get them all across the bridge?"

7 Answers

A design term was used, which I was not familiar with, and had never heard used in financial IT departments. (Sorry, have forgotten the word now.)

110 of 798 Interview Questions