User experience designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

User experience designer Interview Questions

"When interviewing for a UX design position, be prepared to speak to your design process, preferences, and project experience. Employers are looking for candidates that can adapt their company's brand aesthetic in a way that provides a satisfying experience for their users. Be ready to answer questions about your ability to work closely with engineers and project managers as well as your knowledge of graphic design programs, web development, and user interface design."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you form positive relationships with developers and/or stakeholders?

1 Answer

Be on their side. Show them that rather than being interference in a relationship, that you can serve as an interlocutor. Bring evidence.

Who determines user standards, you, the company, someone else?

1 Answer

My exercise was to redesign the Netflix homepage for desktop. The Global VP of Design at Spotify happens to be Rochelle King, formerly of Netflix. I thought that was clever.

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

How do you deal with a group of twelve or more people who all have a different opinion about what looks good and what doesn't

1 Answer

Describe what is your favorite object, explain why, and it cannot be an Apple product.

1 Answer

How would you handle the hypothetical situation where one or more designers try to dominate the conversation and do not seem to be listening to other members of the team?

1 Answer

How do you decide which features to drive UX design for a specific release?

1 Answer

Question from director: "... four people need to cross a bridge at night, there is only one flash light and only one person can walk on the bridge at a time. How do would you get them all across the bridge?"

7 Answers

They asked me several questions about how I impacted the design process for some of the recent projects that I had worked on at Microsoft and how I took ownership over those decisions.

2 Answers

If I called your last manager and asked them about 1 strong and 1 weak point of yours, what would they be?

110 of 1,330 Interview Questions