User experience researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

User experience researcher Interview Questions

user experience researcher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Someone on the team has a strong opinion about how a certain feature should be designed, but you disagree that it is a good user experience. How do you approach the situation?

2 Answers

I was asked this very same question during my interview. I answered that: (1) obviously that person has thought about his/her position before taking that stance; (2) I assume that we all want to do a good job and improve the product; (3) start with common ground from that opinion and show how that opinion is somehow flawed - show a divergence; (4) be diplomatic.... I got the job but somehow I think this was not the right answer.

1. Probe to understand the other person’s mental model. What are the core, testable assumptions around which they believe a certain experience is correct? For example, do they believe that your customer base values or does , just because they value it themselves, or have anecdotal experiences via someone they know? 2. Create the context in which the other party feels comfortable with your introducing data that tests those hypotheses: - design patterns in similar existing user interfaces - prior research (if you work for a large company) or analytics - external research (market research, academic research, anything) 3. If you can’t get anywhere, do a bake-off on usertesting with representative participants. Make sure you’re not just asking for preference, but looking for the underlying, broader goals, values & beliefs that lead to those preferences.

How would you deal with a dataset that was too large to load into memory?

2 Answers

Propose a research question and research design. Explain how it is useful for Facebook and interesting to you.

2 Answers

How would you design a research study

2 Answers

How would you motivate a team to think creatively about a problem they were stuck on?

1 Answer

Talk to us about your process, how do you work in a group setting, how would you help us improve our product

1 Answer

Design a study for an in-vehicle phone keypad

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What types of research methodologies have you had experience with in the past?

1 Answer

Tell me about the last time you failed and how you addressed that.

1 Answer

Have you ever done unmoderated testing?

110 of 261 Interview Questions