van Wagenen Financial Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at van Wagenen Financial Services

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at van Wagenen Financial Services (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

It was the most informal interview I've done, literally no questions were asked about my relevant experience. It started promising, we talked about the work van wagenen does and why they were looking for new developers. But then the only questions that were asked were about my extra curriculars and my non-relevant coursework. It seemed that the interviewer wanted a casual conversation instead of someone to hire. Very informal and a bit unprofessional in all honesty.

Interview Questions

• Miscellaneous questions about my extra curriculars and very unrelated questions.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at van Wagenen Financial Services (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a call from recruiting to schedule a phone interview with HR, who asked pretty standard questions, then we scheduled an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

This interview was very conversational and relaxed, which gave me a chance to get a good initial feel of the culture. We mainly talked about my interests, learning styles, side projects, how I spend my free time, etc.

The next interview was with a panel of 3 individuals. Here, I received a couple of technical questions, but the rest were mostly about different behavioral scenarios and giving me more information about the company.

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Interview

Pretty standard. I was first contacted by a recruiter by phone for a phone interview, at the conclusion of which I was told to come for an in-person interview about a week later. I was asked about previous experiences, leadership opportunities, etc. All pretty standard questions, to which I replied as fully as I could. I was thanked for my time and told I would receive a call if they were interested. I did receive a call a week later, and was told I was being extended a job offer, and was to start a week later. I accepted.

Document Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at van Wagenen Financial Services.

Interview

There is a phone interview at first. A series of questions are asked such as "please tell me a time where you implemented or started _____" and "Tell me your top three traits and how you used them in your position." Basically, they are asking if you saw a need at your last job and what you did about it, and they're trying to see if you take initiative.

The second phase was the in-person interview. The interview is also done by the department head. Questions such as "are you okay with training which can last 5 months?" are asked. In document handling, in order to get out of training you have to get an accuracy level of 98% for 5 days in a row. That can take a few months.

Interview Questions

• You might be asked if you are okay with "change," though what change is won't be specified. It's best to ask what they mean.   Answer Question