Vice President Corporate Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vice President Corporate Communications Interview Questions

Vice president corporate communications interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The interview with the so-called CMO began awkwardly and without any pleasantries, its was almost as if he didn't want to do it. When I asked simple questions about their technology plans, his comment was, well those are product marketing questions and not appropriate for this interview. Humm we continued for another 15 minutes, and I felt like I was talking in another language, the language of enterprise computing that is. When he asked me how I would bring this new stack to market, I mentioned analyst groups, and the response was well analyst relations well that is owned by product marketing. I have brought many products to market including NetWeaver and know how to coordinate various teams in a large company. After 20 minutes I said I think this conversation is over and let's not waste any more time. He said in a condescending way, "well thank your sir for coming."

2 Answers

Stay far away from this company unless you want pain. I heard this CMO complaining about firing someone before the interview on the phone. He was unprofessionally dressed and extremely arrogant and way out of his league. Coming from Adobe, it was obvious that he knew very little about enterprise computing, especially marketing. This was the first time in 25 years that I had walked out of an interview.

I worked for OpenText for about five years and can tell you firsthand that it is a "sinking ship" under the current management. The new CMO is condescending and cocky...and doesn't have a clue how to properly run successful marketing in a large organization (unless of course you consider screaming at employees in meetings to be a good way to do this). Senior management at OpenText nowadays is nothing but an "ol' boys" club, where they hire their old cronies to come onboard for big paychecks without a thought about how these new people will impact the company. So many good people have left the company in the past year...and many of those that are still holding on are in fear of being fired. Don't bother applying to OpenText unless you plan to be looking for another job in a couple of months.

Seriously, this was the only question: "What is your passion?" Can't make this up....if an interviewer is so unprepared or disinterested, just grab a few canned questions from the internet vs. wasting someone's time, especially at this level. I almost expected the interviewer to ask where I wanted to be in 5 years, or describe my strengths and weaknesses.

What's the worst client management scenario you've faced and how did you handle it?

What's your process for managing multiple priorities, client issues, team issues and long hours?