Vice President Real Estate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vice President Real Estate Interview Questions

Vice president real estate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was asked how I would underwrite a specific property, how I would review the specific asset, cash flow of property, debt service coverage, review the borrower's financial capability, presentation of the transaction. I gave straightforward answers to this with minimal questioning as I covered the bases. I asked about size of deals and quality of deals to be considered.

1 Answer

I gave both interviewers as to how I would underwrite the sample commercial real estate, cash flow analysis, debt service coverage, loan to value ratio. I stated that I would ask to see the borrower's prior years tax returns, review of the leases in place or pending, I would ask to see historical property operating history and cash flow analysis. I would price the interest rate based on an appropriate risk spread over prevailing safe rate ( either LIBOR or interest rate swap spreads ) to determine targeted interest rate to be charged. I would determine if the borrower were interested in a fixed or variable rate depending on their needs and requirements. Issues regarding a one-time transfer due to sale of the property and/ or assumablility to a suitable borrower (meeting minimal qualifications), defeasance etc, loan term etc would be discussed. All of this would relate directly to the bank's available lending programs.

They asked simple questions, including an inquiry about my ability to multi-task.

13 of 3 Interview Questions