Vice President Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vice President Technology Interview Questions

Vice president technology interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

1. How many people have you managed at your present work? What are the challenges you faced and how did you handle them?

2 Answers

She was looking for answers in terms of my managing, coaching, and mentoring skills and specific situations that I have handled at current work.

Would have been better if you have posted your response to the question.

Why did you leave your previous employer.

Basin Unix and db questions

1 Answer

What newspapers and magazines do you read and why?

1 Answer

Asked questions about Interactive Voice systems - would be responsible for that portion of the business along with others.

1 Answer

Describe your IT accomplishments.

2 Answers

What makes you think you can get multiple groups to work together?

1 Answer

7. Since this was IT Project Manager position, there were several questions about how you would make decisions, handle situations, manage/coach/mentor team members, perform reviews, and guide the team. 8. This is important. Everybody asks this question in interviews. She asked this in my interview as well. "What is your style of management?" 9. She asked questions about handling requests coming in from multiple customers, and how I would handle them.

1 Answer

4. If my boss were to say anything about me, what would he/she say? Would he complement my work or would he provide mediocore reference or bad review about me? 5. Follow up question: What would my customers say about me? 6. What do you know about the organization?

1 Answer

3. She asked me about the largest project I managed, scope of work, what were the challenges, lessons learned, what were the lessons learned / feedback from the customers and what would I do differently in this project? For the same question, she asked about the Finances relating to the projects. She was also looking for numbers in terms of servers built, applications deployed, etc. Also, details about cost, time, scope, and savings.

110 of 57 Interview Questions