Administrative Assistant Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Administrative Assistant Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Executives count on administrative assistants to keep busy schedules and company activities as clear and easy-to-navigate as possible. Expect questions about your organizational, time management, and communication skills. Many of these questions will be story-based, so come ready to explain a time when you successfully juggled multiple deadlines or were able to handle difficult customers at the front desk. Though these interviews focus primarily on soft skills, you may be asked to answer a question about your ability to use basic administrative software.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What has been your most challenging experience, either personal or professional

1 Answer

My jaw was broken with irreparable damage, which has altered my appearance significantly, especially my smile. I am undergoing surgeries to make the corrections, Adjusting to the "after" of this experience has made me a stronger person.

What cause "gets you up at night"? (In other words, what public issue is most important to you)

1 Answer

Name a time when you worked with other people to accomplish a certain goal (I can't remember the exact wording, but this was the general idea - the exact wording was certainly no less vague).

1 Answer

Asking me if I realized there would be some very unglamorous aspects of the job (my words) and asked how I felt about that and how I would handle it. I was just caught off guard she would be so upfront.

1 Answer

Where do I see myself in five years.

1 Answer

All questions were pretty generic, no surprises. There were a few questions about maintaining information security that you might not see in every interview. "What is your experience in keeping confidential information or following a security process?" Something like that.

1 Answer

Several questions pertaining to background check/polygraph test.

1 Answer

Several questions pertaining to background check/polygraph test.

1 Answer

What would you do if a angry costumer who's car was towed for being in a No parking zone, calls the office, and demands her car back. As well as becomes hostile and aggressive. How would you handle the situation?

1 Answer

Why won't you visit our company in-person even though you are unemployed?