Director Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Director Interview Questions in Washington, DC

"When applying for a position as a director, be prepared to have your leadership skills and judgement tested by many case studies. These scenarios help employers understand what kind of leader you will be for a team or department at their company, so confidence, quick thinking, and examples of how you have fixed similar problems in the past will be highly advantageous towards receiving an offer."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is your experience with project management?

1 Answer

(in Spanish) You mention you can speak Spanish ... followed by 10 minutes of Spanish convo (which I was totally ok with).

1 Answer

Given the uncerntainty of GSE, what your plan to join us?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when you had to objectively consider somebody elses' idea even when it conflicted with your own.

1 Answer

What is your vision for the position.

1 Answer

What is my view of leadership?

1 Answer

The only real question was how much longer I was going to work.

1 Answer

The case study is key. It is typically a significant problem the company is trying to solve that will test the applicants ability to research the issue, frame the problem, demonstrate their expertise by formulating a solution and possible alternatives, and communicate their idea effectively.

1 Answer

Do you want to be located at HQ in DC or at the lab facility

1 Answer

I did not expect having to respond to the scenarios or situations. Perhaps most surprising was when they asked me to give an example of a time when a guest was upset, I tried to resolve the problem, and they still left unsatisfied.