Manager Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Manager Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you convince a CIO of a utility to care about energy efficiency?

5 Answers

This is a bit of a trick question. CIO really does NOT care about efficiency because it means less revenue. However, some states are mandating efficiency programs and so the CIO wants to do this as cost effectively as possible. Some utilities in some states also face competition for energy consumption, so a customer engagement program that makes consumers feel good about their utility will help with rate approvals and satisfaction ratings, which will boost the bottom line overall.

He cares because if he can lower the system peak number, he can lesson the amount of spinning reserves he must have in place, whixh in effect is stranded capital.

CIO cares since as a company executive he needs to work with his customers (operating unit executives) to cut costs and increase revenues. By providing a solution that mines data to assist customer to save energry usage - the CIO is prioviding a solution for the utility to flatten its energy demand curve.

What times of the year do you think it's especially hard to get driver supply out?

2 Answers

How would you handle a patient who is in a crisis and its 5 minutes away from the time your shift ends?

2 Answers

Give me an example of difficult or failing project and how did you change the outcome. Give examples of the direction you had taken

1 Answer

Have you handled major systems replacements and worked to manage several other projects at the same time to ensure interoperability.

1 Answer

if someone complain about bad service, how would you handle the situation?

1 Answer

Why do you feel the skills you have acquired make you an excellent candidate?

1 Answer

When you have a large portfolio of projects under you, how do you know when a project is healthy or at risk? What indicators do you look for? What information do you request from project managers / task leaders, and how do you track it? Follow up question (just as important) -- Give a specific example of what you have done when you have identified a project risk. What was the risk? How did you identify it? What did you do about it?

1 Answer

I was asked how long I had been in the construction trade? How long had I been licensed? Did I possess a OSHA 30 certification? Was I legal to work in the US? Was I proficient on a computer? Did I possess a valid drivers license? Did I have my own transportation? Did I have a recent background check?

1 Answer

What kind of work environment do I work best in?

110 of 5,923 Interview Questions