Marketing Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Marketing Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Marketing positions cover a variety of roles, ranging from technical market analysis to creative storytelling. If interviewing for an analytical role, expect to answer statistical questions about market trends and patterns. If interviewing for a non-technical role, focus on highlighting your strong written and oral communication skills as well as your experience running compelling campaigns.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you convince a CIO of a utility to care about energy efficiency?

5 Answers

This is a bit of a trick question. CIO really does NOT care about efficiency because it means less revenue. However, some states are mandating efficiency programs and so the CIO wants to do this as cost effectively as possible. Some utilities in some states also face competition for energy consumption, so a customer engagement program that makes consumers feel good about their utility will help with rate approvals and satisfaction ratings, which will boost the bottom line overall.

He cares because if he can lower the system peak number, he can lesson the amount of spinning reserves he must have in place, whixh in effect is stranded capital.

CIO cares since as a company executive he needs to work with his customers (operating unit executives) to cut costs and increase revenues. By providing a solution that mines data to assist customer to save energry usage - the CIO is prioviding a solution for the utility to flatten its energy demand curve.

Is your college GPA reflective of your potential?

24 Answers

If you had to pick one state that you wanted to destroy what would it be.

3 Answers

What contacts can you bring to our company, i.e. Who is in your Rolodex?

3 Answers

What's our mission statement?

2 Answers

Was asked to do propose a strategic solution to a complex current business problem.

1 Answer

We own a cupcake bakeshop that caters to tourists. Why would we use an application that focuses on a local audience?

1 Answer

What are some past experiences I've had where I had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did I deal with it

How Would I react to a certain situations

1 Answer

Nothing at all was difficult or unexpected. Tell me about yourself. "Do you prefer working in teams or alone"? "When are you available to start" "Would you be willing to return for a second interview/which day." Second Interview: Follow me around all day as I systematically knock on random people's doors telling them information they have no interest in.

110 of 1,238 Interview Questions