Receptionist Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Receptionist Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Receptionists will be asked to take on a number of clerical roles in the office, including answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, and working face-to-face with customers. Employers are looking for candidates with excellent organizational skills and who knows how to maintain a positive, helpful attitude in the workplace. In an interview you may be asked about any bookkeeping or scheduling experience you have. Be prepared with personal anecdotes about instances when you assuaged a frustrated customer or worked around a scheduling conflict.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why do you think you are a great candidate for the position?

2 Answers

Based on my customer service experience.

I believe I am a great candidate because I love talking to people and being able to satisfy them in a quick friendly way.

Are you dependable?

2 Answers

Tell me about how you would handle an irrational client if no one is in the office

2 Answers

Why are you interested in seeking employment?

2 Answers

They never asked me anything relating to either the receptionist position (what programs or software do you know? Can you handle a multi-line phone? Do you know how to work an intercom?) nor did they ask me if I had ever HAD a dog in my life, much less worked with them in any professional or career capacity.

1 Answer

What do you want to be when you grow up?

1 Answer

What if there are no rooms available?

1 Answer

It has been so long however it was a general assessment of my qualifications for the position.

1 Answer

Where do you expect to see yourself within the company in 5 years?

1 Answer

I was asked if I could change anything in my life what would it be? What hours could I work? do I have any situations that would not allow me to work those hours?