Receptionist Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Receptionist

Receptionist Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Receptionists will be asked to take on a number of clerical roles in the office, including answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, and working face-to-face with customers. Employers are looking for candidates with excellent organizational skills and who knows how to maintain a positive, helpful attitude in the workplace. In an interview you may be asked about any bookkeeping or scheduling experience you have. Be prepared with personal anecdotes about instances when you assuaged a frustrated customer or worked around a scheduling conflict.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about how you would handle an irrational client if no one is in the office

2 Answers

Each situation is different. I would attempt to solve the problem or ask them to wait while I got someone to handle their issue.

I would first hear the client out and then make he or she comfortable. While the client is comfortable and has calmed down, I will then proceed to finding the appropriate assistance for the client.

Are you dependable?

2 Answers

Related to how long you plan to stay, if you plan to try and move up, hard things to gauge when you haven't started working there.

1 Answer

Why do you want to work here.

1 Answer

Every question was the same as the phone interview. EXACTLY THE SAME WORD FOR WORD

How much experience do you have in customer service?

What do you think the most important part of customer service is?

How would you handle an angry customer?

1 Answer

Had I ever worked in a vet facility before