Sales Associate Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Sales Associate Interview Questions in Washington, DC

"When hiring sales associates, employers are looking for charismatic candidates who can provide helpful advice to customers and close sales. Be prepared to answer a few scenario questions that will assess your ability to handle difficult customers, sell a product, or excel on a team. Previous sales experience is an advantage, but not necessary."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you do you handle gossip.

3 Answers

I do not, I try to keep a positive outlook.

Someone actually asked this during an interview?

I would answer this by replying that I wouldn't get involved, unless the gossip is likely to be harmful. Like if it's just every-day gossip, it's not worth getting involved in, not to mention it's totally unprofessional. But if it's gossip that's likely to get someone fired (i.e. an employee is said to be stealing merchandise or something similar). If that's the case, I would either report it to the manager, or suggest to the gossipers that if they witnessed something like that (or had other proof), then the manager should be notified. If they reply that they hadn't witnessed it, I would politely suggest that its innocent until proven guilty, then return to my duties. As for why they would ask something like this in a interview, a lot of high-schoolers or people fresh out of high school are hired by Kmart, so they want to make sure the employees they hire can be professional regardless.

How would you greet a customer

3 Answers

maybe its just me but whenever an interviewer asks if we have any questions for them I always freeze up as if I don't want to know more about the store but I just don't know what to ask.

2 Answers

Name a situation where you put a customer or your comapny first?

2 Answers

Would you ever steal company property?

1 Answer

Do you have a criminal record?

1 Answer

How much do you expect to make in your first year?

What is your weakness?

1 Answer

Since i had always worked alone before, the only difficult question was : Can you mention one situation in which you worked as part of a team to overcome a problem?

1 Answer

how would you solve a issue