Sales Manager Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Sales Manager Interview Questions in Washington, DC

"As a sales manager, it's your job to guide your team to success by setting appropriate quotas and goals, building sales plans, establishing training programs, and and developing sales strategies. Employers are looking for candidates who are skilled negotiators, planners, and leaders. In an interview, come ready to discuss your management style and how you've closed sales in the past. Excelling in sales is all about delivering superb customer service, so be prepared to offer a sales pitch on the spot or answer a scenario question about handling tough customers."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is your biggest weakness?

3 Answers

Don't b.s. here.. they will call you out. After I answered the question truthfully they thanked me for not using a cliche response and stated that they call people out when they do so.

what was your story

I said I had a difficult time relying on others because of the company I was working with at the time. My coworkers werent responsible and werent held accountable either. Since then, Ive left my old company and started with a company, not Altria. Met a few people that used to work for them and didnt have nice things to say. Make sure you really want to work for them. If not, look into a more reputable, rewarding, socially accepted company like Hershey's!

How much experience do you have selling to Doctor's offices?

1 Answer

Was accused of lying on my resume by one of the hiring managers. Totally without merit and a deeply insulting experience.

1 Answer

The above situation explained what was the heart of the difficulty of the interview. "How do we verify your experiences?"

1 Answer

They do have a preference for people that have technical backgrounds, which is helpful as you may have less technical support due to growing pains than what is provided at a larger, more established company.

Why sales?

1 Answer

Very straight forward Basic questions-Where do you see yourself in five years

1 Answer

How long have you lived on the east coast?

1 Answer

How much are rentals in general in dc?

1 Answer

Q: What was one thing that they asked you? How would people describe you in one word?