Senior Developer Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Developer

Senior Developer Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Senior developer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The common "why do you want to work for our company?". There were very few technical questions. The one that resonated was "what is an inner join in SQL?". Other questions included whether I knew Ext.js and what the most complicated SQL query I ever built was.

1 Answer

I explained what inner joins do. The interviewer then went out to investigate outer joins. As for the most complex SQL query I've ever written, I couldn't remember it. Note to interviewers: 1) Check out the candidate's LinkedIn profile BEFORE the interview. 2) Technically screen the candidate well before inviting them over to your building. Here, it would be good to send a few technical exercises in which you gauge their performance. It would be fair for you to make an effort similar to that the candidate makes. 3) Do some research on what you are really looking for. 4) Bring a technical person to ask the technical questions.

Are you willing to relocate.

1 Answer

Had a case question that was a general starting business question, walked through the important things to think about if you were to start a food truck.

1 Answer

There were more behavioral-type questions than technical questions. The technical lead did inquire how I would approach a technical problem if I was stuck.

1 Answer

While waiting for my telephone interview and sitting here for 23 minutes, I went on GlassDoor.com and researched the company. It turns out the company is notorious for being late on telephone interviews and I have read over some very bad experiences from other candidates.

1 Answer

No difficult questions if you are applying for a position that you have experience in.

1 Answer

What is the difference between an inner and an outer join.

1 Answer

Please explain any Java synchronization issues you have encountered.

Basic database design, application design and some technical coding questions.

Given an array of numbers, create another array of numbers. Calculate each new array number by multiplying all input array numbers, except for the current number position in the new array.

3 Answers