Vice President Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Vice President Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Vice president interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if faced with the following scenario?

1 Answer

Answered honestly, as I've faced it repeatedly over many years.

What are red flags to you?

1 Answer

How would I rate this 3 things for most important to least important, 1.) people, 2.) recognition, 3.) money.

Standard questions

1 Answer

Assume that you have joined a company that is being run by a difficult CEO that does not support financial discipline, departmental budgets or any standard use of business metrics -"How would you proceed and give an example of how you overcame these challenges before?"

1 Answer

Would you be embarrassed to work here?

1 Answer

The questions were not difficult. What was difficult was making a connection to the interviewer that would open the door to a more comfortable interview session. If you can't make that connection, chances are good that you won't get a positive review.

1 Answer

It was mostly motivational type of questions (which makes sense since it was only an internship position and you are placed based on your background and business needs) 1. Where do you see your self in 5 and 10 years? , 2. Why the World Bank? 3. Why the World Bank and not IMF? (I had written my thesis on IMF conditionality), 4. Tell us about XX that you did (mentioned in my CV already), 5. Why did you choose the specific departments of the Vice Presidency?

1 Answer

Scenario -- VP Feel free to make up facts for the purposes of this (as needed). Background The news (hypothetically): Doctor on Demand, a video telemedicine provider, is announcing a partnership with EarsOnLine (made up company and product), a device that you can plug into any smartphone and use it to insert into your or another’s ear and diagnose an ear infection. DoD focuses on selling to enterprise customers – large employers of all kinds – as well as health plans and argues that telemedicine can be used by them to bring down the cost of health care and boost health care outcomes. DoD also wants to get Medicare to pay for telemedicine visits. With this announcement, the client wants to both let its potential customers know about this new feature AND build support for the federal government to reimburse for telemedicine visits. Assignment 1. Write a strategy note/email to the client laying out how you recommend approaching this announcement: how would you roll it out? To whom? When? What would that entail? What would the message be – and please include some core messages/messaging points? What activities would you recommend they do subsequently? What others assets or additional info would you want from the client? Be as creative as possible! 2. Please include three media targets, and succinctly why you think they are the right target.

1 Answer

Why did I think new market was achievable in near future. How much could I do, how much did I want senior executives involved.