Program Officer Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for Program Officer

Program Officer Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Program officer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Which would be the best investment structure for the IFC to invest in a hypothetical foreign project: debt or equity.

3 Answers

IFC only invests in highly profitable investments

I think IFC also invests in loss making companies which happen to convince it that they are making contribution to renewable energy in developing countries. Case in point is , investment in Shalivahana Green Energy . Company is in not profitable for many years and IFC is equity investor.

HEY I HAD A QUESTION. FOR THE POSITION OF INVESTMENT ANALYST IN A DEVELOPING COUNTRY. DO THEY HIRE FROM THE UNITED STATES OR LOCALS FROM THAT COUNTRY

They were concerned that I had never been in a conflict zone. Most of their senior people have worked extensively in post-conflict socieities, helping reconstruct judiciaries, police forces, reconciliing former combants, etc.

1 Answer

Whet is the greatest challenge to Freedom in our region?

1 Answer

Tell us about a time when you had to work with a difficult person.

1 Answer

What are the five main challenges to democratic development in Liberia

I don't remember specific questions, but remember feeling like some of them were vague. Like, tell me about a time when you were a liaison between disparate parts... what? Some of their questions could have used some fine-tuning.

What are the key challenges that entrepreneurs face in general and what are specific challenges of technology entrepreneurs? If you had to describe infoDev to somebody who has never heard about us, what would you say?

What is your experience working with HIV/AIDs programs?

The questions dealt a lot with my past experiences and how they related to the job at hand. Mostly we just talked, maybe 30% related to the job itself which I was pleasantly surprised by, as I feel like what's important from the interviewers perspective is that the person I work for is someone I can get a long with.

What do your current colleagues come to you for that is not work-related?