Software Developer Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Software Developer Interview Questions in Washington, DC

"Software developers design, write, test, and maintain the code for a software system. Extensive knowledge of programming languages, data structures, and algorithms are necessary to pass the technical interview which is designed to test these skills. Employers are looking for candidates with a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience. "

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why do you choose IBM as your future employer?

2 Answers

I like the option of working on a world class company with readily available resources that can support my professional growth.

I wouldn't have focused on myself. Possibly a better answer might have been "I like the option of working for a world class company that has the resources to allow me to do the best work I can to make the company able to do even more, and perhaps, in some small way, help improve the company's performance by my contribution."

what is your career goal

1 Answer

I was asked to provide code that would go from 1 to 100 and print out "Woo" for every number that is divisible by 3, and "Ha" for every number that is divisible by 5.

1 Answer

The most difficult questions were about the thread class, which if I knew I was going to be tested on I would have reviewed. They also asked me to decipher there functions on the spot, which was different than any other interview I had been to.

1 Answer

While waiting for my telephone interview and sitting here for 23 minutes, I went on GlassDoor.com and researched the company. It turns out the company is notorious for being late on telephone interviews and I have read over some very bad experiences from other candidates.

1 Answer

Write a function in java to count the number of unique characters in a string.

1 Answer

Please explain any Java synchronization issues you have encountered.

Experience based interview. Asked a lot about past experience and if you have worked with any technology stacks they are using.