Writer editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Writer editor Interview Questions

writer editor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you prioritize topics that need to be written?

2 Answers

I try to get a sense of the need for the topics by asking subject matter experts and other interested parties; then I prioritize based on whether this is a new topic, a revision, a requirement to address changed circumstances, or a "nice to have." Emergency topics take first priority; then topics that can be completed quickly; then topics that are needed, but which will require more time to investigate.

You would have to draw up an outline that included variables with respect to deadline and value. Once that was accomplished, you should develop an analysis of each item with respect to profit, qty available, vs realistic completion of the project deadline expectation. Say we have 100 widgets that are slow sellers, with a low margin and time consuming to write, and 1000 widgets with the same amount of work, yet are far more profitable, you would outline them in a multi-fold hierarchical format. Equal work and deadline, unequal values. If the next four items were also fast sellers with high quantities and significant profit margins, and took as much work as the 100 widgets, decisions would need to be made. Rush jobs are better served by making compromises. It's better to exclude weaker profit items, in order to ensure all high profit items are included and the quality of the finished product does not read as slap-dash, and that pesky deadline is met. Over-reaching is the hobgoblin of lost accounts.

How would you deal with people freaking out to meet the deadline for a USAID proposal?

1 Answer

How do you measure the success of content?

1 Answer

How long would it take you to write a website?

1 Answer

Why would you want to work here

1 Answer

My interviewer asked me to take her through my education and career, from the very beginning, rather than starting with the most recent job.

1 Answer

If you could eliminate one state from the US, which would it be and why?

1 Answer

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

1 Answer

We have two projects with the same deadline and everyone is working overtime. One client is easy going and encourages us, the other constantly calls to find out how the project is going and when it will be done. Which project is your top priority.

1 Answer

All three interviews were quite straightforward. Review of previous documents written and discussion of my experience and ability to perform the job.

110 of 124 Interview Questions