yoox.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

yoox.com Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2016

3.1

PR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at yoox.com.

Interview

Initial interview with HR manager. Had two interviews to follow, one in person and one via skype with team in Milan. Was then given a writing project to complete and submit for review. The whole process took 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Favorite fashion designers, why do you want to work for yoox, knowledge of corporation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at yoox.com in July 2013.

Interview

You probably are dealing with a consultancy agency for a position in YOOX: cheer up! if you prove yourself reliable and competent you have great chances to be employed by the company after 1-4 years.

They usually ask devs to complete a test: code a simple html/css/js project (usually 1 web page) starting from a doc and a psd.
    1. READ CAREFULLY the rules and guidelines before you start coding.
    2. use the most recent best practices, don't over-use js frameworks and keep your code clean.
    3. comment your code. It will be examined.

After the test, an interview is scheduled, usually with HR *and* the tech team. Expect questions based on your code (why did you do things in that way). If you have a tech-related blog/twitter/github page it will be considered a plus. HR asks usually motivational questions.

Be open, friendly and let them know your skills but also the kind of person you are (hobbies, interests, music tastes...)

If you know you are good and up-to-date, you can ask for a little more than what you'd accept. I'd recommend it because it won't be easy to increase the salary afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a blog, Twitter or GitHub?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at yoox.com (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Since Yoox.com is a high-end fashion related company, I dressed accordingly with high heels. When I got to the company, I realized everybody was dressed in casual clothing and I felt very over done, which is better than the other way around. A staffing agency set me up with the interview and so I had no contact with the interviewer beforehand. When I had the interview, the interviewer was nice and accommodating. She asked me about my past experiences and what my future goals were. I am a marketing major, so she asked why I wanted to do Customer Service. Afterward, I waited almost 20 minutes to do a conference call with the manager who is stationed in Italy. After the short interview, I was given a project to complete a presentation. They gave me a week to complete, and after I submitted it, I got a confirmation email and that was it. I checked back a few times, and no response.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult customer service experience you had and why?   Answer Question

CRM Interview

Interview

The selection process took one month. I had to do a business case and prove my sql skills.
    The first step was with the hr and team's members. The second and last one was with the head of CRM.

Localization Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at yoox.com (Milan (Italy)).

Interview

My initial interview with HR was pleasant, I was asked basic questions about my employment history. I then completed a three hour written test, translating different online content. This was straight forward and not particularly difficult at all. I then completed an hour long interview with the recruiter and localization manager. I was quite pleased with my interview and was disappointed when I didn't hear anything back from the recruiter after a week as stated. Considering that I was told I would be informed either way I waited and contacted the recruiter 10 days later. However, it took the recruiter over another two weeks to write three lines to inform me that I was not successful with zero feedback of my interview. This was poorly handled by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Which fashion blogs/magazines do you read? Who is your favorite designer?   Answer Question

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at yoox.com (Milan (Italy)) in March 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 Skype interview with HR and hiring manager, and a final interview only with the manager; the phone call arrived without previos communication, and after a few basic questions, we scheduled a Skype call were i met the hiring manager. the interview with both HR and hiring manager was mainlya review of my CV, with questions on my previous experience (both accademic and work , as i was entering as a junior profile); the interview was held in part in italian and in part in english, but the main purpose of the english questions was to test my knowledge of english, as they were very easy (e.g. can you tell me about your graduate thesis? what was it about?). the last interview was a business case with the Hiring Manager

Interview Questions

• During phone and II interview:
      1) tell us about your cv (... following specific questions on th activities i did)
      2) can you bring an example of a difficult time in your career and how you faced the issues?
      3) what is your worst defect?
      4) can you tell us what your thesis was about? what was the starting point and conclusion?
      5) questions on how the companyis structured (do you know what stores are managed by yoox?)
      6) questions regarding customer experience on the store (do you buy on yoox? what do you think is a strenght point for yoox compared to other competitors?)
      Case study: i was given a set of data of a week of sales of a certain store (i was not told what store) and i was asked what information i would look to to judge the performance.
      Given other information, a negative trend in sales would arise, so i was asked "what ohter informations would you like to better understand what is going on in the store?"
      I was given a laptop and i could do calculation with xls
      Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bologna (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at yoox.com (Bologna (Italy)) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process took about one month. Had 3 interview plus one with the big boss. They looked very interested in me but at the end didn't get any offer. So disappointing

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at yoox.com in July 2007.

Interview

it was a 1:1 interview with the PR manager.