zulily Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.7

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at zulily (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager followed by a 2-3 hours of in-person interviews at the Seattle office. Didn't get an offer, but the process overall was professional and the people seemed nice.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at zulily.

Interview

Spoke with a technical recruiter for 30 mins by phone and at the end she assured me I would hear back by end of week. Never heard back and two days into the following week she has not responded to my inquiry for feedback. Initially I was not all that impressed with her communication or lack thereof after responding to her invitation to speak over the phone. Initially she contacted me after being referred by a friend who used to work there. She contacted me by LinkedIn to see if I would be interested in this opportunity and after responding shortly after I did not here from her for almost a week.

The phone interview lasted a half hour or so, and was average in screening questions​. But just like the other interview experiences posted here, the recruiter has disappeared and has not responded to my requests for feedback.

Being declined an opportunity to proceed further is no big deal, happens to everyone at some point. But 30 minutes over the phone or in person is still time away from my current job, and recruiters need to start understanding that this lack of follow-through and even ghosting is making their company look bad. If you are contacted by a recruiter, decline.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Quick discussion with Recruiter. (standard and positive)
    2. Technical coding and discussion (standard and positive)
    3. Hiring manager interview....This one was interesting because the original email was that they would all like me to come for an on-site and then got interrupted with "our hiring manager would like to speak with you." Given that my resume has a few gaps (nothing crazy), I wasn't too surprised but this interview definitely felt like he was just trying to find any excuse to throw me out. From the start of the interview to the very end, the interviewer also sounded extremely bored and sleepy, not only naturally but with my existence.

Haven't gotten the response yet but whether it gets accepted or rejected, it's not looking good either way.

Interview Questions

• (Rare question that happens only to explain gaps. Yes, this does get asked unfortunately as blunt as the question sounds) What have you been doing all this time?   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

What a horrible experience. Recruiter has tendency to just not reply.
    Recruiter: Let's setup an on-site
    Me: Sure
    <Recruiter disappeared for more than a week>
    Interview finally happened and now recruiter disappeared again. No response to email, no acknowledgement about where am I at in the process. Zero professionalism. I understand people get busy, but at least have the courtesy to reply and let the candidate know.

One of those companies that is going in my "Do not ever want to work for this company" list.

Interview Questions

• No real coding questions. Lots and lots of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at zulily (Seattle, WA).

Interview

1 phone screen and 4-5 onsite coding rounds. All the rounds were CS heavy with algorithms and data structures being the forefront. There was no scheduled breaks between hour long coding rounds.
    There was no follow-up post the on-site round which was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Standard problem solving questions like blackjack and combinatorial questions   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at zulily (Bethlehem, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with a team. Very enjoyable process, they made me feel comfortable. I had to do a basic math problem related to the job, and was pressed on practical application of certain concepts.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at zulily.

Interview

After applying I received an email from the recruiter. They asked me to answer several other questions regarding my views and retail background, and then scheduled a phone interview. Following the phone interview, I was told I would be updated within a week. Even after follow-up emails I was never contacted again.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at zulily (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I applied online and soon after applying, I received an email from the recruiter. They asked me to answer several questions regarding my views and retail background. In next two weeks or so, I was asked to do retail math test in excel. After submitted, I was then scheduled for ion site interview, I was told I would be updated within a week. Even after follow-up emails I was never contacted again.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at zulily.

Interview

I applied directly online and received an interview request from an internal recruiter within a few days. We set up a call and it was pretty pleasant. I was told I'd receive feedback within the week and waited about 10 extra days with no word. I pinged the recruiter and she said was really friendly and said she'd look into it. I then received a stock rejection message a few days later. I asked the recruiter for feedback since the initial conversation went well, and I never heard back from her. I understand that it can be hard to provide feedback for every applicant but it does sting a little to get a stock rejection letter after a 45 minute phone interview. As a recruiter, you know how a respectful and streamlined process goes, and this did not seem to be it.

Senior Software Engineer - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at zulily (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

There were interview round onsite. They asking data-structure and algorithm questions. Each round consist of 1 hour. There is no time break in between any round. Interviewer were nice, but I don't what they were thinking about me.

Interview Questions

• 1. Array of int, each number in array represents jump you can make. e.g number 3 in array represents you can make a jump either 0,1,2 and 3. Goal is you need to reach end of the array. ( Recursive problem)
      2. Find a Names in Text file . Ans (What you consider as a Name. Name always starts with Uppercase ) , So you need to write program for it that finds name in Text. ( Use dictionary ). You need to avoid other words e.g 'The' that also starts with 'T'(uppercase)..the also appears small 't'. you can take advantage of it.
      3. LRU Cache implementation.
      4. Blackjack sum where you need to consider Ace card two values 1 and 11.
      1 Answer