zulily Interview Questions | Glassdoor

zulily Interview Questions

Interviews at zulily

2.7

Comp Analyst Interview

Interview

phone interview and an XL test: straightforward questions on previous experience on data analysis. XL test was easily: mainly percentages.

Interview Questions

• there were no really difficult questions, asked me about one of the data analysis tools that i'd written in my resume but didn't know too much in detail about   Answer Question

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at zulily (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Had two phone interviews and then went into office for 5 hour interview with multiple people. Was disappointed that after 3 interviews and spending half a day in the office, never even got a follow up, even after requesting an update on the status over a month ago. I understand not being able to follow up with every single person, but when that amount of time is spent in the office, I feel that it's common courtesy.

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at zulily (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was pretty basic and not too challenging. I was contacted a week and a half after applying and was scheduled for a phone interview the next week. The phone interview was an HR screening asking very basic questions about salary and schedule expectation, and an opportunity to learn about the company, but no actual interview questions. Then I was brought in a couple days later for an in person interview and it was mellow. They really just wanted to get a feel for my experience and work ethic, no super tough questions just more of a general conversation (: No editing tests on site. Everyone was very professional and straight forward and I was offered the job that evening! The backgound test took time and I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous coworkers say was your biggest contribution as a team member?   Answer Question

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at zulily (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

I originally applied for the position online. I heard back from Zulily and they thanked me for following up on the online ad because they received hundreds of applicants for the position. Within a day, I was given a phone interview that went very well. Because the conversation went well, I was asked to perform an exam which I completed at home to show my skills in photo editing. After I submitted my test, I quickly heard back from the HR team. I was given the opportunity to come in for a 2 hr in person interview. It went very well... I felt very comfortable speaking with the employees interviewing me and left feeling good about myself. It took less than 1 day for the company to make me an offer that I couldn't refuse.

Interview Questions

• What is the most annoying thing you see people do when using Photoshop?   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gahanna, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at zulily (Gahanna, OH) in August 2018.

Interview

The worst company I have interviewed with in 15 years. Spotty HR. NO Art Director! Was expected to stay after 5pm (for an interview?). Outright disrespected in-house. No Thank you. No goodbye. Pretty sure I didn't get an offer due to my gender and/or sexual preference.

Interview Questions

• What are you the strongest at?   1 Answer
    • What has your day looked like as a photographer in other companies?   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at zulily (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone Interview. After that, an in person interview was set up with 2 supervisors in the interview process, about an hour. When that was completed, I was escorted to a photo set to perform a working interview, also about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you photographed (image in portfolio). Describe a time you disagreed with a decision and how you handled that.   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at zulily (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied using online form and communication via email until phone call with hiring manager for position.

Interview Questions

• Somewhat fuzzy but I remember being asked if I had current vendor relationships that I could bring to the table.   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at zulily (Reno, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

The Interviewing teams are very friendly and engaging, The team consist of Human Resources team, Department Area Managers, Department Operation and Seniors Operations Managers. From other Leads they even had a sit down interview with the GM. Overall experience is good. This is an area opportunity to know The managers and their respective department and what is the objectives are.

Interview Questions

• What Metric would you use in the business process and Why?   Answer Question

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gahanna, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at zulily (Gahanna, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was long with not a lot of follow up. I had to call them many times to see if I was in the running for the position. Background check was long and took forever to be returned to the HR department. Background check also presented errors when it did return causing more of a challenge with the start date.

Interview Questions

• How do you define teamwork?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at zulily (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a software engineer position and having eight years experience found the technical questions relatively easy. In addition to the languages required for the position, I showed them additional code / functionality I had written in AngularJS as well as described my Ruby programming experience, recent GruntJS experience and also showed them a site programmed in Ruby on Rails. This was all in addition to the other coding languages required - PHP, CSS, Javascript/jQuery. My most recent experience was heading up and executing the coding of the front end of a popular ecommerce site, which I programmed from scratch in php, CSS and JS. After enduring two interviews, I heard nothing for nearly a week. After finally emailing the recruiter, she responded a day later saying they thought I was a good fit, but were looking for someone 'a little more technical'. Or was it the fact that I wasn't a male? Something did not add up. My actual tech skills and the websites I coded were clearly not considered. My experience with MySql was also not inquired about, which I have quite a bit of experience with as well. I felt extremely discriminated against as a hard working female in the tech industry. This type of situation may help explain why there are fewer women in tech. Very disheartening to me working in a field I am so passionate about; the industry clearly favors males.

Interview Questions

• Write a function which passes a file as an argument that checks a file and excludes duplicative words   Answer Question