Actuant – Menomonee Falls, WI
• Works closely with global Vertical Market/Line Of Business marketing leaders to tailor global marketing programs and implement those programs in… TheLadders.com
Actuant Corporation – Menomonee Falls, WI
• Portfolio Management , develop global product line plan and implement that plan in order to achieve marketing, sales and financial performance… Actuant Corporation
I worked at Actuant (More than 3 years)
- Stellar work / life balance. They understand that things can go wrong with personal life scheduling and make an effort to make work flexible for employees. You work until you work is completed. - Corporate gym a major benefit, but no gym incentives for employees at different sites. - Office politics are very low, except during layoffs (which happens annually). - Most employees and execs are extremely friendly and approachable, but some are polar opposites and can be very intimidating to approach.
- They invest little in any actual research data or website licenses. Most of the research is from "googling" and not from actual reports. However, the information is very secure and they had very few problems with viruses or trojans. - A lot of programs are out of date (they were using IE 7 when IE 10 was out). This is because a certain percent of employees are using programs that are older and not compatible with newer IE. - Getting anything done through IT can take awhile. - Little organic growth, mainly through acquisitions.
Advice to Management
- Get up to date when it comes to research reports, applications, and provide better incentives to employees not in corporate locations. - Annual performance reviews are almost always inaccurate due to how frequently changes in projects. In speaking with other employees, this held true. Suggestion would be for quarterly or half-year reviews instead.