ECS Federal, Inc. – Arlington, VA
* Work principally with Communications Manager on projects involving desktop publishing and graphic design. * Duties include broad scope of tasks… CareerBuilder
ECS Federal, Inc. – Silver Spring, MD
* Review, edit, proofread, and format the NOAA Fisheries S&T documents, such as scientific publications, professional papers, guidance documents, and… StartWire
I have been working at Electronic Consulting Services full-time (More than a year)
1. The firm is doing well financially. 2. Competent staff. 3. Very responsive administrative support.
1. The salary increases are a joke. I am part of a team that just won a 5-year contract (re-compete). The average salary increases ranged between 0 - 1.5%. 2. Limited communication across the board (especially from executive management). 3. Executive and senior management are not proactive. They prefer to react after the house has burned down. 4. There does not appear to be a firm culture. The culture is contract dependent.
Advice to Management
1. If you want to retain good people, pay them what they are worth. After all, you have the money. 2. Make more of an effort to communicate with staff (especially those at client sites).