IGATE – Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
• Need a Strong Project Manager profile with 9+ years of experience… of managing a project from,Project Plan, Risks, status reporting… Jobg8
IGATE Global Solutions Limited – Norwalk, CT
• Looking for strong technical project managers with experience on Cost Cube (financial planning tool)… Monster.com
iGATE – Tampa, FL
· 10+ years of BI experience with atleast 2 independent end to end development project execution · · Strong expertise in Informatica/Teradata… TheLadders.com
iGATE – Los Angeles, CA
· One-point contact for the customer from side in handling all the TIBCO projects which are executed in offshore-onshore model. · Developing… TheLadders.com
IGATE – Rotterdam
• Need a Strong Project Manager profile with 9 yrs of experience… of managing a project from ,Project Plan, Risks, status reporting,… IGATE
IGATE – Bangalore
Manage customer (both internal and external) requirements and expectations. Responsible to manage multiple project… IGATE
I have been working at IGATE full-time (Less than a year)
The pay is very good and the benefits are excellent. The title I have on my project is also good. That's about it.
The quality of the people on the teams I have seen is low - they're just not that talented at what they do. I took this job when another project fell through suddenly, and although I had not heard good things about iGate, I thought with Capgemini buying them, things would change for the better, but they haven't -it's low quality, high volume, pressurized and mediocre work and everyone seems to think that's ok. Their onboarding and corporate procedures are antiquated and difficult to navigate. They expect long long hours including nights, weekends and even holidays! I tell them to get over themselves. The pay is not good if you have to work 60 hours a week for it. I draw the line but a lot of others don't. But mostly it is the low quality of the work that bothers me. There are times when I am actually EMBARRASSED of the work my team delivers and presents to our clients and then I have to spend meeting after meeting dancing around and cajoling them to let us try again. Just do it right the first time!! Although the pay and benefits are good, the vacation time policy is not good at all, and I also do not see any route to gain exposure in the company for advancement. For these reasons I don't think my stay will be a long one and I am already job hunting after only a few months there, despite the good pay and benefits.
Advice to Management
Focus more on QUALITY, if you understand the term at all. To Capgemini management, you have a reputation to uphold. Don't let the iGate acquisition bring you down to their level!!!