Tutor Time Learning Centers – Jenison, MI
• Communicate directly with parents and prospective parents to achieve success for the child. • Maintain a fun and interactive classroom that… Tutor Time Learning Centers
Tutor Time Learning Centers – West Bloomfield, MI
• Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all company standards. • Communicate directly… Tutor Time Learning Centers
Tutor Time Learning Centers – Queen Creek, AZ
• Maintain a fun and interactive classroom that is clean and organized. • Have countless advancement opportunities through our on-going training… Tutor Time Learning Centers
Tutor Time Learning Centers – Portage, MI
• Have countless advancement opportunities through our on-going training and expansive network of centers and brands. • Are rewarded with hugs… Tutor Time Learning Centers
Tutor Time Learning Centers – Phoenix, AZ
• Maintain a fun and interactive classroom that is clean and organized. • Have… Tutor Time Learning Centers
I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center part-time (Less than a year)
Watching the kids grow. Doing projects with the kids. Sometimes having appreciative parents.
Where do I start? The place is incredibly dirty. There are bugs, the cleaning crew never cleans, leaving the already overworked teachers with even more chores. The floor in the infant room, where babies are crawling around, never gets washed unless it's by hand. Pay is slightly above minimum wage, but it is not worth it for the amount we have to do and put up with. And there has been no talk of raises - we likely won't get one. Management plays favorites to the extreme. Unless you're sucking up, they treat you like nothing. You're just a body to them. They don't give a single care about the kids, either. It's all about the money the parents pay. Kids constantly get moved around to keep ratio. Kids won't be moved up or transitioned when they should be if it means they can enroll a new child for the money. I've had a child develop behavioral issues because she was held back for too long. And all management told me was it'll be soon. It's been months. The food is disgusting, and often cold. The combinations they allow to pass are truly horrible. One poor lactose intolerant child got veggies and a piece of bread one day because the cook couldn't be bothered to make (warm up) a separate meal for her. Almost every employee is immature, catty, and can't stop talking trash about everyone else. It's like being in middle school all over again. The company will hire anyone, whether they're qualified or have a single clue what they're doing or not. They only care about having a body in the room, and a minimum amount at that. They keep the bare minimum staff wise, meaning the kids aren't getting the one on one attention they need and deserve. Management does not listen to it's staff whatsoever. It will often be weeks before a need is met. You get no breaks, unless it's a two hour break to cut overtime. No little breaks, often no potty breaks. They'll change your set schedule for the next day and not tell you. They'll send you home early, or keep you way late. There's no consistency. Turnover rate is ridiculous because they treat their staff terribly in an already stressful environment.
Advice to Management
Treat your staff better. Start caring about the children. Grow up.