Capital One McLean Office | Glassdoor

Capital One McLean, VA

Google Maps
  • Corporate Headquarters   1680 Capital One Drive McLean, VA 22102   Get Directions

Capital One McLean, VA Reviews

  • "Excellent Intern Program"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in McLean, VA
    Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in McLean, VA
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I worked at Capital One as an intern (Less than a year)

    Pros

    Paid for housing, additional learning resources, fun events outside of work hours.

    Cons

    Not all teams are as interesting to work with, some teams get better perks

See All Reviews

Capital One McLean, VA Photos

Capital One photo of: McLean Headquarters
Capital One photo of: McLean Headquarters
Capital One photo of: McLean Headquarters
Capital One photo of: McLean Headquarters
Capital One photo of: McLean Headquarters
Capital One photo of: Capital One

Capital One McLean, VA Jobs

Capital One McLean, VA Salaries

Salaries in $ (USD)
Average
Min
Max
$106,356 per year
$81k
$145k
$106,356 per year
$81k
$145k
274 salaries
$113,373 per year
$72k
$182k
$113,373 per year
$72k
$182k
220 salaries
$137,130 per year
$91k
$970k
$137,130 per year
$91k
$970k

Capital One McLean, VA Interviews

Experience

Experience
67%
17%
16%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview
35%
26%
18%
16
3
1
1

Difficulty

3.1
Average

Difficulty

Hard
Average
Easy
  1. Helpful (2)  

    Senior Business Analyst Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    No Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

    Interview

    *I just finished my first round, and I'm still in the process.*

    I was contacted by a hiring manager via LinkedIn, and had a phone conversation with her for about 15 minutes. She then passed me along to some of the people she leads, so I could get better insight on the role. They were all pretty nice and welcoming.

    Once I was ready to move forward in the process, I texted the hiring manager, and she passed me along to the recruitment team. I had scheduled my first case interview that week.

    The first round is a case, and mine was pretty straightforward - probably the same difficulty level as the practice mini case my recruiter provided. If I pass this first round, I'll have another case interview, then a product interview.

    First round case background:

    Your client is an energy company called EnergyOne. Historically, they've produced energy through the burning of fossil fuels - specifically natural gas, but they're considering using a combination of renewables. The company has been backed by a group of small investors.

    The current plant produces 8.8mil MWh (but that's under the assumption that the factory is working at 100% capacity 24/7/365). Costs include $5M/mo to lease land, and a fixed cost of $25M/yr (includes upkeep, salaries, etc). It costs $20 to produce a Mwh, and the company's selling price per Mwh is $40. The group of investors have contributed $400M to the company's success and expect a 10% return on investment.

    Interview Questions

    • What's the minimum amount of electricity needed to payback investors?   3 Answers
    • Suppose a new state regulation is imposed that caps natural gas energy at 5M MWh a year. What are some things for the company to consider to continue their success?   1 Answer
    • EnergyOne is going to consider investing in renewables, and they're testing out solar energy.

      The cost to setup a solar generator is $12.5M, and there are no variable costs. It is expected that 75% of the year is consists of sunny days, at which the solar generator can produce 150,000 MWh. The other 25% of the year is not sunny, and the solar generator can produce 50,000 MWh.

      How long would it take EnergyOne to be profitable?   3 Answers
    • Would you recommend EnergyOne invest in renewables?   1 Answer
See All Interviews