- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Databricks Bengaluru (India) isn't hiring right now. Check out all Databricks jobs
Bengaluru Block L, Embassy TechVillage Outer Ring Rd Get Directions
I have been working at Databricks full-time (Less than a year)
1. The working culture here is amazing such that it makes the employees think that it is they are contribution much towards their own company.
2. You are surrounded with Tech geniuses. The hiring bar for Databricks is high and all you are surrounded with is people with strong technical skills who are always ready to help you.
3. The company has got many benefits for the employees, both tangible and intangible ones.
4. The company has a rocket speed growth. I can foresee a great future ahead.
5. If you want to be in a place where the work is so dynamic and things move around in a way faster pace, this is going to be it. So many people from the tech giants have joined here because of the way life and the product we are developing is.
6. The compensation is awesome, and any employee upon joining will be awarded with Company's restricted stocks which is of a great value.
One Liner - "Databricks just rocks and I am very happy to be working here which feels like I am working on my own product". Wish all the success to it.
I do not have as many cons, but I can list down a very few which I personally but it is not always persistent.
1. Your work-life balance takes a toll. But this does not happen always, just a few times when and ever really needed.
2. If you are someone who would want to relax at work and spend your day at work with minimum efforts, this is not at all it.
3. You might see some changes with org as you work. But this is just for the fact that the company is growing and the changes tend to happen.
Advice to Management
The management is doing its best in anyway it could, I really appreciate the way it is being managed with many teams down in different regions/continents. My general advise to any organisation is that: "Always give great level of importance to your employees as much as what you would give to your customers" (Databricks rocks in this aspect)
Get this page going by posting a photo. It only takes a second, and your photos are anonymous.Share a Photo
Get this page going by posting a salary. It only takes a second, and your salary information is anonymous.Post a Salary
I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Databricks (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2019.
"It is Disheartening when you are made to go through 11 Gruelling rounds [with no clear vision and requirement/expectation of this role function] and to be told, WE ARE UNSURE and put on HOLD"
The Interview process began by late Oct'19 where i was reached by hiring manager or so called via LinkedIn. While the initial conversations went well i was clear in SETTING EXPECTATION on my current skill set as the Technology with Databricks is absolutely Alien. I was given the confidence by the hiring manager to proceed further.
This here it started the 2 month interview process which took me 11 rounds [No this is not Google :) ] and by the end of it i was told that they have doubts on required technical skillset. Now this is what i call no Vision and clarity from Leadership as i have been very Vocal and crystal from Day 1 that i do not have the required technical skillset but still i was put through to this with no empathy on the candidate and their time [All these were done considering i was already working in Pacific time for my current employer].
So to potential candidates, please watch out if you are someone who is being approached for this role by India team.
So to sum up, i am disheartened after having to go through 2 months and yet there is no Clarity from LEADERSHIP, well thats none of my problem isnt it!