- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Dynatrace full-time (Less than a year)
- Very good working conditions
- Friendly colleagues
- Full and very good support from HR and technical departments
- Food and facilities are good
- Flexible schedule
- Parties from time to time
- It is not available to join beginner german courses, need to wait till September
- Women and men toilets are not equally distributed
Advice to Management
Would be great to have hygiene boxes with tampons, daily liners, kleenex towels, etc in women toilets
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Linz (Austria)) in December 2018.
In this month I was invited to the second round for the product management position. The first tour had gone perfectly.
It was stated by the interviewer that I was the "perfect match" for the position of the company in two different locations.
Then, in the phone calls that I made with human resources, same was stated on the phone several times and in the second round they did not expect a very high probability of a problem.
Expectation of the second round was my presentation skills which will be measured as a session. In this direction, I got a scope of three items before one week. This is the "their product experience", "my favorite product or project in my career" and "my publications"
It was to be transferred. From this point of view, you can also understand that the scope's soft and presentation skills will be covered.
I prepared for the presentation day and night and went to the company to present. The presentation was attended by a human resources staff, 1 assistant general manager and two directors.
I think the presentation was quite successful, as human resources and the deputy general manager expressed their enthusiasm in a very nice way.
I think I've been concentrating on my work well, despite the fact that a director sleeps during the presentation and the other works constantly on his computer.
As everything was moving very nicely, the deputy general manager reminded the two directors that they had other meetings, and the two directors left the presentation room directly.
Upon the warning of the deputy director, they returned to shake my hand.
Meanwhile, the deputy director left the room and went to speak with the directors. In the meantime, we were talking about with human resource how successful the presentation were and how there were no problems.
After his return to the deputy director, said he would share his sincere feelings began to speak. The point was that I would never be happy in the team of these two directors.
Because these two directors had a startup background and were technically looking for a nerd. I was more social and energetic. I was really shocked at that moment.
My 9 years of technical experience was measured by me after the soft presentations. A company looking for a nerd at this level didn't even challenge me with a technical case.
The process which started with perfect match in the first round resulted in a company looking for a "product manager" and a "nerd search". Therefore, my advice to friends who will apply to this position will be:
* You may have been submitted irrelevant topics. You must challenge and question the nature of the people who are going to interview you. Because they don't know what they're looking for in themselves.
* Don't be presentable, try to appear as nerd. Glasses is a plus.
* In your presentation, you may be confronted with situations that may disrupt your concentration, keep your spirits high.
* Don't underestimate yourself, you have nothing to downplay.
* Don't be social and energetic. Speak slowly.
* If you are a character who can do all this, be happy, do not stop and apply.