- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at FirstEnergy as an intern (More than a year)
- Hands-on work from the first day on the job.
- Held in the same light as a full-time employee
- Great room for career growth (50% of the company is up for retirement in the next five years)
- Solid pay for an internship
- Very Friendly workplace (everybody wants you to do well)
- Work / Life Balance is good
- Work is meaningful (Help provide power to over 6 million customers in six different states)
- Human Resources was pretty late in submitting an internship offer (one month left in semester)
Advice to Management
Please consider offering a full-time position a little sooner than 3 months to graduation. Most folks already have multiple offers by then.
Get this page going by posting a photo. It only takes a second, and your photos are anonymous.Share a Photo
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Reading, PA) in March 2011.
I had to go through a temporary agency to get the temp job until hire.
No negotiation for pay or job duties.