- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at GLG full-time (Less than a year)
- Top of the line MacBook Pro, freedom to expense all the tools you need
- Work from home 4-5 days a week, and/or go to the beautiful and conveniently located office as much as you want
- Freedom to pursue projects that you think have real business value, ability to switch between teams in the company
- Devs on my team are great, real focus on building quality products that meet real business needs without deadlines. Little pressure from management to "get code out the door." If I need to take a couple weeks for a research project based on log files and app-generated data, I can do that.
- Vision, dental, and health insurance are reasonable. Life and disability insurance are free, with options to increase the benefits. Great parental leave
- Company is growing quickly right now, making it more difficult to find people with institutional knowledge to answer questions
- It took a couple weeks to sort out benefits when I was hired
- Healthcare premium is not 100% covered, plans have a deductible so an FSA account is a good idea
Advice to Management
Spend more time building a collaborative culture considering large number of WFH employees. Developers often split off into pairs or threes with video chat and the group chat room is frequently lifeless. It can feel a little segmented and isolated.
Get this page going by posting a photo. It only takes a second, and your photos are anonymous.Share a Photo
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GLG (Boston, MA) in March 2020.
9 minute video interview. I applied for the job on LinkedIN in March. I got an interview two weeks ago. After the video interview, HR said I would have a 30-minute phone interview. However, HR did not confirm the time I chose by email. I hope to receive an accurate reply.