- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Employees rate Alexandria 4.4% higher than the overall average
I have been working at Grant Thornton full-time (Less than a year)
- Truly caring, helpful coworkers. I’ve been astounding by the number of people that are willing to mentor
- For the most part, coworkers have been very intelligent and capable
- Interesting, technical work where I’ve had the opportunity to really grow my R and Tableau skills
- Career growth - it’s pretty easy to figure out what you need to do to get ahead, and there are opportunities to do so
- Very manageable work/life balance. 8-9 hours a day plus occasional extra work for “extracurriculars” and business development
- Some competitors pay more
- Data science capabilities need work
Advice to Management
- Certain people may be great at selling analytics services, but we’re behind the curve on the actual data science behind this. Apply more scrutiny to “models” so that they are truly statistically sound models.
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in October 2014.
Phone interview with Recruiter, in-person interview with two managers and a senior associate. The process was quick; both interviews were within a week. There were no case-studies or presentations required.