- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Livermore, CA isn't hiring right now. Check out all Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory jobs
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory 7000 East Avenue Get Directions
I have been working at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory full-time (More than 5 years)
LLNL is a premier research institution in the service of the nation. It conducts cutting-edge research in a highly diversified area of science and technology with excellent infrastructure and facilities. Great compensation, great management, great director, great culture and diversity and inclusion! Can't ask for a better place!
No cons that I can think of.
Advice to Management
Great job! Keep it up!
I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA) in May 2022.
1) Section manager reached out to conduct a 30-min screening Zoom call with one other staff scientist to go over my resume. Said the interview went well and we'd be in touch.
2) Waited ~4 weeks to get a confirmation for an on-site interview. Scheduled the on-site interview 3 weeks in advanced.
3) Before the on-site interview, a "pre-interview" was conducted via another Zoom call with an additional 4 staff scientists, debriefing me about the projects that are going on in the lab, and which ones would interest me. ~1 hr call, nothing difficult, just a conversation.
4) On-site interview was a 45 min presentation + 15 min questions (basically my PhD defense slides). After the presentation was the actual interview where all the scientists (15+ people in the room at the same time) asked you basic interview questions. Afterwards I toured the facility of where I would be working. The entire process started at 7:30 am and ended at 4:00 pm. At the end, the section manager said I had the position and to expect an offer some time in the coming week.
5) Waited another week for an (unofficial) offer.
Total process took ~4 months from submitting the application to getting an offer. Overall, nice experience. Majority of the people were professional, but some of the older staff can come off as aggressive when asking questions.