- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Employees rate Cary 42.8% lower than the overall average
I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 5 years)
- We stay fairly on top of technology
- Great coworkers, I've never such a tight knit team before
- Fun but fast paced culture
- Improving product and platform vision over time
- Some middle managers feel a bit too much like used car salesmen
- Sometimes a little too focused on cost cutting
- Business side can overcommit team without them knowing and often go for the quick wins over long term wins
- Still a bit blind on issues of employees, but trending for the better
Advice to Management
I would hold all levels of management more accountable for the performance and happiness of their teams.
Get this page going by posting a photo. It only takes a second, and your photos are anonymous.Share a Photo
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Cary, NC) in January 2012.
Recruiter contacted me after seeing my resume posted online. Wanted to conduct the interview right on the spot which allowed me no time to prepare. After negotiating a more appropriate time to conduct the call we spoke the next day for a half hour.
As a product manager, I've worked multiple product launches and understand the preparation that goes into the launch planning process. I asked the interviewer about the products the department managed and launched and she said she wasn't sure what they were. I asked her also about what stage of the development cycle they were in and she wasn't sure. My questions of her left me feeling that she really had no idea what the position was about.
The questions asked of me were the typical behavior based ones and asked me examples of products I brought to market which I provided a few. She also asked me if I would be willing to relocate for the job which is 5 minutes from my home, which left me scratching my head a bit, but I answered nicely and politely that I am local already for the position.
Overall, a pretty bizarre interview process and I didn't receive a call back but if given the opportunity I would talk with them again.