- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Movable Ink full-time (More than a year)
• The company keeps raising the bar for talent... I'm amazed to see the talent that MI is able to attract from clients, partners, and leading tech companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, and more. The recruiting team is the best in the business.
• Hardworking but flexible environment - yes, we're hardworking, but even during peak seasons, you know that the company cares about your health and wellbeing. Unlimited PTO, massage days, puppy parties, and an insane amount of in-office perks that make finding balance much easier. They also do a good job of letting you know that they appreciate your work and don't expect you to be happy just bc of available perks.
• Scalable Growth - The company is conservative with decisions and spending, and the results show in the form of consistent growth in top talent, revenue, and the ability to invest in the business when needed (systems, processes, additional support for teams, etc.). NO rollercoasters of funding rounds --> hiring quickly --> layoffs... Movable Ink focuses on slow but steady growth.
• Truly Family - I'm the first one to roll my eyes when I see people saying this at other companies, but "teamwork" and "empathy" are demonstrated daily at Movable Ink... formal mentorships, active D&I and "Movable Pink" groups, and the fact that everyone is open to helping you succeed. Some mention that there are "cliques" but I've found that often people have worked together for 4-6+ years at MI... it's often not cliques, it's just a natural closeness and understanding, and they're willing to get to know you if you try to get to know them.
• Opportunity for Growth - I'm constantly being asked "What's next?" The team really cares about promoting you, and if you have a bit of grit, you can go extremely far. I also appreciate that they have so many opportunities to move into different teams or departments if you want to explore a different part of the business. This is only getting better as we invest more in L&D, Career Mapping, and overall training.
• Clients - Outstanding client list & opportunity to work w/ the worlds largest and best brands. Who wouldn't want to put these brands on their resume? And even better, often our best clients come to work for us or bring us with them to company after company. "Experience with Movable Ink" has become somewhat of a core competency on email marketing JDs.
• Supporting Management - Would be great to have some systems & processes to help managers implement the new management training into their daily role. Training isn't enough.
Advice to Management
Please consider matching 401K in the future.
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in December 2018.
Had a phone screen with the recruiter that I thought went well. I expressed that I was interested in a couple of different roles and to help me consider which role would be the most appropriate.
Unfortunately, after the initial phone screen, I never got a response back. Then I get an email from the recruiter out of the blue two and a half months later saying they will not be moving ahead with me for the role I formally applied for, but would be willing to move forward with a different role… the role that I said I was also interested in during the first phone screen!
I don’t think it’s a good sign that the recruiter does not seem to be on top of things.