- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Santander full-time (Less than a year)
- Great insurance that starts day 1
- Tons of opportunities to move up in the company after being in your position for 6 months.
- Fast paced and very busy so there is hardly any down time, and they are constantly changing to try and improve themselves.
- Monthly bonus incentives for most positions and incentives for recommending new employees.
- Incentives for carpooling.
- Monthly and occasionally weekly events for employees to keep us engaged, feel valued, as well as helping us with networking and staying connected as a team unit.
- Constantly changing to help with improvements, makes it hard to keep up sometimes but they are trying their best.
- Being a big company there is a lot of bureaucratic policies that make it had to get certain things done. For example: Getting accommodations for medical disabilities can take 2+ months to receive and are not always what you asked for.
Advice to Management
I don't really have any advice. My management is very supportive and there whenever I need help, as well as if they do not have the answers then they will go out of their way to find them for you. My advice would be to keep doing what you're doing.
I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Santander (Mesa, AZ).
I submitted a general application online and a gentleman called me to see what positions may interest me. We discussed my resume and he suggested a position that they were needing to fill. I interviewed a few days later.