- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
SmartThings Palo Alto, CA isn't hiring right now. Check out all SmartThings jobs
- Good work/life balance
- Interesting space to be in and people who come from great backgrounds with great experience
- Too many chefs in the kitchen with C-level execs wanting to be included and have their hands in everything because of this it took a while to really get things done and things changed all the time
- For such a small company people did not really communicate very well with each other
- Seemed very cliquish; if you didn't make friends with the right people then you were ousted
- Had a mixture of very aggressive and passive-aggressive personalities
Advice to Management
Instead of making so many department changes switching around C-level executives, you should focus on the core basics of the product. Also, not everyone needs to be included in every single meeting. It's unfortunate the company had to go through a lay-off and get rid of employees especially those who had been with the company from the beginning for them to realize this.
I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SmartThings (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2015.
1 application questionnaire, 2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview via a panel, and finally, they flew me out to Palo Alto to meet the team, before being flown back to Tucson where the support staff work.