I have been working at 1-800-Flowers.com full-time (More than 3 years)
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Great place to begin career or feel out new career endeavors
- Pay, benefits, 401K match program, hours, culture, turn-over
- 1800Flowers offers great opportunities to grow but the climate is very stressful for low returns
- The compensation packages are not competitive as they can be which does not help the turnover
- 1800Flowers' culture breeds disengagement after about 2-5 years leading to high turnover especially for younger employees (<35)
Advice to Management
Focus more on the greatest customers of your organization, your employees. Adapt to the times and cultures of more innovative companies.
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Winter Park, FL) in March 2017.
Easy interview. Really didn't ask much. Just wanted to know if you are capable of doing the job and hours. Also wanted us to do a test run. We had to drive our vehicles to customers houses with flowers and deliver them on the first day