I worked at 7city Learning full-time (More than a year)
- good salary (if you negotiate it, which is very possible given it's a small company and you can deal directly with the CEO);
- informal atmosphere;
- decent, high-end product.
- the sales-driven culture of the senior management is implemented at the expense of literally everything else;
- huge turnover of sales and marketing staff in the New York office ie. don't expect to last long;
- senior management treats employees (except financial instructors/trainers) as inferior and with little respect. For example I got fired without any inkling my performance was not up to standard or without any guidance on how or what I could improve;
- the company is very 'UK-centric', with little priority given to US activities.
Advice to Management
Clearly the management have been successful building this company from scratch, however the US side of the business won't grow unless they trust and empower employees who actually want to achieve results.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –