Mission: At A2 Hosting, our mission is to offer developers innovative and reliable hosting solutions while providing service excellence through quality support.
I have been working at A2 Hosting full-time (Less than a year)
- Awesome co-workers and leadership team. Always improving and trying to make us a better team.
- Competitive compensation and affordable benefits. Excellent 401k plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Accident insurance. By far, one of the best perks the company offers!
- Quarterly Bonuses!
- Help is always available when needed, you're never ostracized for not knowing how to solve a problem right away.
- Endless opportunities for company paid training and professional development.
- No Micromanaging!
- Great team environment, my shift is a very cohesive team where everyone pulls their weight.
- Work / Life balance is #1
- Open door policy
- Management is always willing to take constructive criticism
- Generous PTO policy and management is very understanding when life happens and you have to leave early or take a day off due to illness or family emergencies.
- Written policies are hard to come by and that can make it hard for new employees to adjust to our way of doing things. Ongoing training classes would be an improvement as well.
- Communication between management and L1 could be improved, this is common in growing companies as everyone is very busy supporting all the new customers.
- Break policy is minimal, two 5 minute breaks as needed and a 30-minute lunch. Most companies I've ever worked for provide two 15's, but that's hardly a con since you get to work from home.
- Chronic understaffing is mostly due to the explosive growth the company is going through, which is understandable, but it does put a lot of stress on just a handful of employees that have to take the brunt of call volume during certain periods. The growth of the company isn't going away any time soon.
- Phone calls are sometimes difficult to handle due to the lack of internal procedure. You can't just ticket every customer, it's not fair to them or the support team.
- Recently there has been a push for more Quality Assurance, it sounds great, but when you have little procedure in place as it is, how exactly do they plan on judging the quality of your work?
Advice to Management
I think management is doing a great job all things considered. We are a growing company and there's going to be growing pains as we move forward and continue to demolish the competition. Your staff truly care about doing a good job.
I think hiring top dev talent and sysadmins are going to be key going forward for the upper levels of the company, but don't be afraid to promote from within and train your employees to be the best at what they do.
I have a very positive outlook for the future.
I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at A2 Hosting.
You will be asked basic questions to assess whether or not you understand the basic functions of the http protocol, webservers, email servers, and basic customer support. You should come to the job with a basic understanding of Linux, Apache, HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, and basic systems skills.
Systems Administrator? PHP Developer? Helpdesk Specialist? We're looking for you! We offer telecommuting, paid time off, parental leave and more!
Now hiring someone with experience and vision to create a new service offering for us from the ground up!
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –