Mission: Improving lives by accelerating a safer and greener energy future.
We’re proud to be named to Ethisphere’s 2018 list of World’s Most Ethical Companies® for the fifth year in a row. Thanks to our people for living our Values. Congratulations to all the honorees: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQ7uV
Are you ready to start something extraordinary? This is your chance!
Sign up until 10/21 for the AES Trainee Program: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQrrx
Whether it’s bringing electricity to El Salvador for the first time, or engineering battery storage to make a clean energy future possible, AES people repower communities to raise quality of life in a fast-changing world.
Huge responsibility + intense commitment = higher reward.
Are you up for extraordinary?
We’re a team committed to fueling quality of life around the world. The measure of our careers is the difference we make. To our communities, colleagues and families. We don’t just work at AES. We work for AES. We are AES. The only limit to our influence and impact is our own commitment. We care as much about how we act as what we do, at work and in life.
Energy isn’t 9 to 5, and it doesn’t stand still. A split-second event can unplug a city or upend a marketplace. So we are all in and full on. We work in small, hyper-connected teams from project to project – several at a time – bringing together people from different divisions, specialties and cultures, and embracing the differences to discover new ways forward. We don’t take short cuts and we seek to win on the right terms, not at all costs. We tap informal networks to get big things done every day, so we really know the people we work with.
We recognize and reward contribution from anyone, anywhere. Pipe fitters recommended the way to improve all of our plants. Members of our IT team imagined our industry-leading Advancion® battery storage solution. With cross-disciplinary teams and direct access to leadership, everyone’s visible, expected to speak up and pitch in.
I have been working at AES Corporation full-time
- Thoughtful strategy. Executives have a good pulse on what is happening in our industry and have created a strategy to capture opportunities while effectively leading businesses in transition.
- Good, smart, hardworking people. Our people show up and do their best every day. I constantly feel surrounded by people who are smart, who care, who are and thinking beyond their immediate role to try and add value.
- Innovative. Grounded in our history of continuous improvement, we have people all over the organization constantly looking for new ways to work and innovative approaches to solving problems.
Overall, I'm happy to be part of a company that is forward-thinking, anchored in values, and focused on improving lives.
- Industry is facing challenging times, as there are new entrants and traditional forms of generation are under increasing financial and environmental pressure. This has created challenges for the company, which we're dealing with, but perhaps not always as smoothly as we would like.
- Some people seem resistant to change, but the change is necessary to remain competitive, so I wish everyone would get on board and support each other, even though the change is not easy.
Advice to Management
Continue to anticipate market changes so we can stay ahead. Be wiling to take managed risks - and create a safe space for people to fail. Communicate, communicate, communicate - we would will be better aligned if we all understand where we're headed and how we intend to get there.
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AES Corporation (Arlington, VA).
The process consisted of a phone screen with a company recruiter followed by a phone interview and finally an in-person interview with multiple business and legal representatives. Feedback was timely.