Mission: Improve mental, behavioral and physical health by promoting clinical practices based on the best available evidence. Identify interventions that are effective and can be implemented in the community. Develop treatment guidelines that are scientifically sound, clinically useful ...
I have been working at APA full-time (More than a year)
- A lot of ability to be creative in my role
- Consistency and autonomy
- Love my direct management
- Coworkers are bright and driven
- GREAT benefits; 401k matching, dental, gym/shower in building (and another available in neighboring building), rooftop terrace area, massages available in the building, awesome location next to Union Station so near lots of food options and like a 1 min walk from metro
- Really like the direction the org is going; new CEO, new and innovative conferences and events
- Everyone here is deeply passionate about the power of psychology and science to benefit society and improve people's lives
- Very silo-ed; departments work very separately from one another, but APA has acknowledged that and is taking active steps to address
- Things can move very slowly, and as such it can be frustrating at times to try to get anything done quickly
Advice to Management
Have more cross-departmental meetings
I applied online. I interviewed at APA.
Informal, comfortable. Based on my resume I had already received the internship, it is a competitive place to work in. Regardless, the environment was welcoming and I was given an overview of the many tasks I would have. In the end, I was asked if I would like to receive the position and given a tour.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –