Mission: ASML invents and develops complex technology for manufacturing high-tech lithography machines for the semiconductor industry. ASML’s guiding principle is continuing Moore’s Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors ...
I have been working at ASML full-time (Less than a year)
How do you pack over 3 billion transistors on a tiny chip in your phone? ASML is the company that supplies that technology. The machines ASML develop to make microchips are amazing - sub-nano meter precision at a speed faster than fighter jet and they are the only one that does that in this world. Engineers get to do ground-breaking work that no one has done before. Other cons:
1. Opportunity to travel to Europe
2. Equality -here titles are not as important as some of the American companies. You can't see other people's position level unless s/he include it in the email signature.
3. Profit sharing bonus for employees - 17% in 2016
4. Employee Stock purchase plan - 20% premium after a year
5. Collaborative culture, smart employees
1. ASML didn't become a global company like it is today until recent years, so the way they do things can still be Netherland centric at times.
2. Some of the operating systems are out-of-date, for example paper forms, excel sheets in a lot of places, and the company's website is 20 years old....
Advice to Management
Upgrade our systems so employees can be more effective at work.
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASML (Hillsboro, OR).
Phone interview and then face to face interview with the team. Overall took 2 hours to complete the interview and met 6 individuals including the manager. Interview questions were not technical and more related to how many hours can you work in a day starting 7 AM.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –